Fashion Sketches


Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Smile Pretty Woman



For this project, I made a Julia Roberts doll. I chose to use this face mold. She's a dancing princess Delia doll. But my hubby wanted her body (he has a thing for jointed dolls). So we swapped it with another doll... Don't worry... there were no dolls hurt during the process!!! ;9

















First step, I erased the face. well its pretty hard to remove the paint especially the eyes and lips. As you can see, there still remaining paint marks... Don't worry I got it all out after my first repaint attempt... ;) never say never....


















Julia Roberts has a very defined nose and a fuller lips and its hard to find a doll that has all these features. So I have to add the lips and nose...



















While still thinking on how to add the nose. I dyed her hair to make it into a redhead using acrylic paint (I have no time to re-root...heheehhehe). Btw, there are a lot of tutorials over the net on how to do it successfully. But mind you, some doll hairs respond to it differently some of it are difficult to dye while others are easily dyed... Good for me Julia's hair is one of them... ^_^













OMG!!! I thought it would take me forever to match her skin tone to her nose attachment... But after a few times of color matching... it proved to be worth it...


















Yhey!!! I'm done repainting!!! I took a snapshot of her side profile to see If I achieved Julia's nose... I am happy with the result...






But my hubby helped me to take her glamour shot. here goes nothing...










Here she is... Well I haven't decided from which Julia Roberts movie I will style her to be... but so far, since I am a fan of the 50s era, perhaps her role in "Mona Lisa Smile" ... Ugh... but I also liked her in Pretty Woman... Can you help me decide? Thanks and I hope you enjoyed my blog...Till next time!!! ;9

No comments: