Fashion Sketches


Friday, June 5, 2009

Confessions of a Not-So Posh doll

While I was rummaging some dolls in a thrift shop, I saw this doll. Her nose was rounded and very prominent cheekbones. Very manly I may say so. I've seen her before but never paid attention. Oddly, I saw something in her that made me buy her in an instant. My partner was even surprised why I bought her in the first place.

Actually, I know what kind of a doll she is. She's a Victoria as Posh Spice doll... It got me thinking if i should repaint her to make a resemblance of the singer/fashionista. But then again, I have other plans.

Hmm.. what to change?! what to change?! I may say everything (ahihihih ^_^). Here is what needs to be done

>full facial repaint
>full hair reroot
>rebody ^_^






What I did first was to
shave all of her head.








These Line of dolls are a bit hard headed (just like my Britney Spears doll) so I have to blow dry it to soften
the vinyl head.





A little pulling and twisting over here and there.... BOP!! goes the head! ^_^





I removed the short plugs for in preparation of the new plugs that are to be inserted. ^_^










I chose 3 sets of hair
color to add
texture...



At last I am done rerooting. Her head is quite tough to reroot. whew!!! ^_^






I saw that I can work
on her features on this celeb doll so
I decided to change
her identity... ^_^





After the repaint, I
immediately styled her. I had this outfit
in mind!!! :D

Now off to the photoshoot!!
^_^








I added a background to make the photo
more dramatic! I am excited to sew her real outfit
^_^ better watch out soon! Who would have thought this
Not-so-Posh doll would turn out to be okay. I guess no matter
how random things are, you are always surprised with the
things that are around you can be sooo perfect!!!
KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED!!!! ^_^ Till next blog!!!
Tootles!!! ♥♥♥


2 comments:

Anette said...

Wow... what a lovely transformation and I love the Jlo doll. ^^ I'm looking through all of your dolls and I'm getting inspired to try a makeover myself. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow,you really do great work.this one Halle,Nicole and I love the Imelda(so cute).You should send a portfolio of pictures to someone at Mattel because I've never seen their art department do such good likenesses of celebrities.They need the help!