Fashion Sketches


Thursday, April 2, 2009

Celebrating 50 years In My Own Little Way

Last March 9, 2009 marks Barbie's 50th anniversary. Unfortunately, I was plagued with food poisoning during the day of her birthday. I felt bad then, since I can't celebrate her day feeling sick. But surprisingly the day after, while I was resting at home, A client who bought dolls from me in the past, asked me if I wanted to be featured in a TV show since its Barbie's 50th. I definitely said yes. Even though I am feeling a little bit wang, I managed to fix my setup to display my dolls (thanks to my boyfriend and my bestfriend! ;) ). The next day came and the TV crew arrived.

First, they asked me how I began collecting up to the point on how I choose the face molds for my dolls. (the first collecting part was edited out... hihihihihi ;) )

Then they asked me to repaint a doll... Talk about pressure it was a blast from the past. I remember how I was supposed to finish a whole poster for an hour an a half... whew!

heheheh having a break... the lights are making sweat... drip drip drip...

Back to work... it was a couple of shots and it was very tiring!!!

And now for the main star... my OOAK dolls!!! For the episode, they chose 3 dolls to highlight namely my Beyoncé, Brad and Angelina dolls.






Shooting just three of the dolls in my collection was a very tiring. It took us around 5 hours just shooting the dolls alone for just a snippet of a segment... I was afraid they'll get fried... :-s

Then the next day, they asked me to go to their studio to shoot some clips. I have to go there after work... and wear the same outfit I wore the day before.. eeeeww!


I may have missed Barbie's big day, but God has been good to me and gave me, my boyfriend and my best friend a chance to celebrate in our own little way!!! ^_^


No comments: